Solite Boots are the world’s first and only custom, heat-mouldable watersports footwear. Custom fitting can be done in your kitchen with nothing more than a kettle of boiling water.
To heat-mould your Solite boots, we recommend watching the video below and following the step-by-step instructions carefully. Do not use any other methods of heat moulding except boiling water. Use of ovens, microwaves, heat guns, etc. will void your warranty.
1. Bring water to a boil (you will need approximately 3 cups of boiling water per boot.)
2. While water is heating, roll down the cuffs of your Solite boots and place them in a sink.
3. Put on your Solite Heat Booster socks. These socks will help allow for a little extra space when the boots are being moulded.
4. Once water comes to a full bubbling boil, gently pour into your Solite boots (in the sink), filling each to slightly below the seam where the neoprene upper is attached to the sole. See photo.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the boiling water to soften the sole material.
6. After 5 minutes, carefully pour out the hot water from your Solite boot (doing one boot at a time) and quickly rinse out the inside of the boot with cold water to lower the surface temperature and to prevent burning. Test with your hand as you will want to get your foot in as warm as you can comfortably stand.
7. Place your foot inside your Solite boot while wearing the Heat Booster sock (if you plan to wear the socks inside the boots). Make sure your big-toe sits comfortably in the toe cavity and your heel is flush in the heel pocket.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for the other boot.
9. Secure boot ankle straps if you have them.
10. Walk around in your Solite boots for the next 10-15 minutes, to ensure a comfortable fit while the material cools and moulds to your foot shape.
11. Once your Solite Boots have cooled to room temperature, the moulding process is complete. 5-7 minutes.
12. If you are unhappy with the fit, you can re-mould your Solite boots repeating the same steps above. Your Solite boots should feel completely comfortable, almost like part of your foot.