At Paddle & Surf, one of our passions is being in the water (whether this is the sea, a river or lake) and we love to see other people enjoying it too. Being based in Cornwall, we are surrounded by beautiful beaches and countryside so, to keep enjoying our environment, it’s important we take steps now to ensure future generations get to enjoy our passion too.
As a team, we’ve spent some time discussing our impact on the environment, what changes we can make in our everyday activities and long-term sustainability goals we’d like to achieve.
What are we currently doing to help?
- 100% renewable energy used in our office and warehouse
- Recycling bins are placed around our premises to make sure we recycle everything we can and ensuring we continue to recycle at home
- Introducing sustainable packaging (cardboard boxes, paper bags, paper tape) to reduce our use of plastic
- All wetsuits returned to us (that are no longer fit for sale) are recycled in some way – repaired and sold locally, donated or recycled by a specialist wetsuit recycling facility
- Any other products sent back to us, that are also no longer fit for sale, follow a similar procedure
- Participating in regular beach cleans at our local beaches
- All our team members carry eco-friendly water bottles, coffee cups and cutlery
- 100% plastic free packaging
- Biodegradable packaging to further reduce our lifelong impact
- Zero waste in our warehouse
- Invest in brands and products that are high quality and designed to last
- Continue recycling everything in our premises and at home
- Phasing out printed invoices by providing this information online
- Introducing an online returns system to avoid using any unnecessary paper
- Making the need to return items as minimal as possible by providing more information on the products we stock, improving and fine-tuning any size guides and introducing videos to show how a product fits
One of our core values as a company is sustainability, so we’d love to hear anything you are doing to improve your impact on the environment or, if there is anything else you think we should adopt at our workplace, let us know!